Can’t beat the simplicity of crock pots and simple, healthy foods. Just about fat-free, great, complementary protein dish.
- 1lb navy beans (7C full beans)
- 1C split Peas, 1 cup
- 3.5C (1-28oz can) Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice OR equivalent of 4 beef tomatoes
- 1.5oz. Dried Shitake Mushrooms
- 12 (30g) Chinese Dried Red Chili Pepper
- 2T dried oregano
- 2T parsley flakes
- 1t cumin
- Pre-soak the beans.
- If you’re not using canned tomatoes, dice the tomatoes
- Take all ingredients except mushrooms and put into a 4Q+ crock pot.
- Fill with water to 1″ from brim.
- Add dried mushrooms (no need to soak).
- Cover and put on “low for 8 hours.