Just made the best batch of pancakes EVAH.
- 2/3C whole wheat flour
- 1/2C rye flour
- 1/2C buckwheat flour
- 1T Stevia (you can use 2T sugar)
- 1-1/3T baking powder
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 3/4t vanilla extract
- 1+C kefir (unsweetened, but you can use a fruit version)
- 3T liquid coconut oil (heat to soften)
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet and use coconut oil to grease
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly
- Beat eggs into kefir
- Add coconut oil just before (to prevent it cooling into a sheet on top of the liquid)
- Add wet to dry and combine thoroughly
- Ladle batter into skillet. 3 minutes one side, 90 seconds the other. Regrease between batches.
Yield:6×6″ or 3×10″ pancakes.
I lightly sprinkled a little more Stevia on the ‘cakes. Maple or agave syrup would work a treat. Goes well with kefir (I don’t drink raw milk).
Wow. Just wow.