Cocoa adds an interesting flavor to the mix. Add habanero, serrano, or other peppers as you see fit. All you need with this amazing complete protein is a little salad!
- 2lb Venison (substitute 1.5lb seitan or 2lb. extra firm tofu)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 cloves (~1 bulb) Garlic
- 2T ground cumin
- 2T Paprika
- .5T ground black pepper
- 1lb Lentils
- 1lb Brown Rice, medium grain
- 1/8C unsweetened cocoa powder
- For added spice, toss in 4 sliced Habanero and a half-dozen Serrano peppers
- 1.5T Tabasco Sauce
- 1T ground black pepper
In Crock Pot
- Toss in rice and lentils & 7C water.
- Add Tabasco, 1T black pepper and cooca
- If you’re heating things up, carefully slice the hot peppers and add, with seeds, to the pot
- Fry up the onions in the oil.
- Add the remaining spices until well blended.
- Add the protein and sliced garlic.
- Stir until browned.
When Rice/Lentils are done, toss in the skillet contents into the crock pot and stir in well. Let cook on low for an hour or two.
D. Serve and curl toes as appropriate.